Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
Each year, millions of dollars go unclaimed by low and moderate income families & individuals because they aren’t aware of the Earned Income Tax Credit or do not file a return. Become a VITA Volunteer and help Greater Lorain County families and individuals keep more of their hard earned money!
No Experience Required & Free Training Provided.
Flexible Hours at Several Locations throughout Greater Lorain County.
Questions? Call 440-277-6530. Trainings begin in January.
Basic Level Training (Required):
January 6 and 13, 2018
Advanced Level Training (Optional):
January 20, 2018
Software Training and Mock Tax Return Practice:
January 20 and 27, 2018
All trainings take place at the United Way of Greater Lorain County from 9 am – 4 pm. Interested in signing up? Have questions? Call 440-277-6530 or sign up here:
Can’t make an in person training? Want to self train at your own pace? See the instructions below.
- IRS Link and Learn Taxes – Walk through PowerPoint style modules found on Link and Learn. Select Basic or Advanced for the Certification Path and Student as the course. Then complete your testing on the VITA/TCE Central website.
Once you complete your exam you will need to send us your 13615. To do so follow these simple instructions:
1. Login to VITA/TCE Central.
2. On the right hand side make sure you check the box “You may sign your Volunteer Agreement electronically by checking this box”.
3. Below that you will see “Click here to open and complete your agreement”.
4. Save and email a copy of your volunteer agreement to email@example.com.